- How To...
- Log in
- Invite New Users
- Create a Secure Message
- Reply or Forward
- Use the Delivery Slip
- Control Messages
- Provision E-Signatures
- Share Large Files
- Manage Notifications
- Manage Account
- Manage Email Aliases
- Migrate to a New Email Address
- Use the Apps, Add-ins, and Extensions
- Azure Active Directory SSO Integration
- Product Features
- Apps, Add-ins, and Extensions
- Trust Center
- PRO vs. GUEST Users
- Product Updates
- Contact Support (Wilson)
Download Adobe Reader
Copyright 2017 Secure Messaging Apps Inc.
All rights reserved.
DeliverySlip Privacy Statement
Last Updated: August 2017
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains what personal data we collect from you and how we use it. We encourage you to read the summaries below and to click on “Learn More” if you’d like more information on a particular topic.
The product-specific details sections provide additional information relevant to particular DeliverySlip products. This statement applies to the DeliverySlip products listed below, as well as other DeliverySlip products that display this statement. References to DeliverySlip products in this statement include DeliverySlip services, websites, apps and software.
Personal Data We Collect
DeliverySlip collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our products.
The data we collect depends on the products and features you use, and can include the following:
Name and contact data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Demographic data. We collect data about you such as your preferred language.
Payment data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument.
Device and Usage data. We collect data about your device and how you and your device interact with DeliverySlip and our products. For example, we collect:
- Product use data. We collect data about the features you use, the items you purchase, and the web pages you visit.
- Device, connectivity and configuration data. We collect data about your device and the network you use to connect to our products. It includes data about the operating systems and other software installed on your device, including product keys. It also includes IP address, device identifiers (such as the IMEI number for phones), regional and language settings.
- Error reports and performance data. We collect data about the performance of the products and any problems you experience with them. This data helps us to diagnose problems in the products you use, and to improve our products and provide solutions. Depending on your product and settings, error reports can include data such as the type or severity of the problem, details of the software or hardware related to an error, contents of files you were using when an error occurred, and data about other software on your device.
- Support Data. When you engage DeliverySlip for support, we collect data about you and your hardware, software, and other details related to the support incident. Such data includes contact or authentication data, the content of your communications with DeliverySlip support, data about the condition of the machine and the application when the fault occurred and during diagnostics, and system and registry data about software installations and hardware configurations.
Contacts and relationships. We collect data about your contacts and relationships if you use a DeliverySlip product to manage contacts, or to communicate or interact with other people or organizations.
Content. We collect content of your files and communications when necessary to provide you with the products you use. For example, if you receive a messaging using the DeliverySlip service, we need to collect the content of that message to deliver it to your inbox, display it to you, enable you to reply to it, and store it for you until you choose to delete it. Examples of this data include: the content of your documents, photos, music, or videos you upload to a DeliverySlip service, as well as the content of your communications sent or received using DeliverySlip products, including the:
- subject line and body of a message,
- message attachments and files for e-signature
ALL of this content is encrypted when at rest at DeliverySlip sites.
We also collect the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you provide for customer support. When you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded.
Product-specific sections below describe data collection practices applicable to use of those products.
Reasons We Share Personal Data
We may share personal data among DeliverySlip-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries. We also may share personal data with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we’ve hired to provide customer service support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data in order to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose. We may also disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
Finally, we will access, transfer, disclose, and preserve personal data, including your content when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our products, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
- operate and maintain the security of our products, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- protect the rights or property of DeliverySlip, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the services – however, if we receive information indicating that someone is using our services to traffic in stolen intellectual or physical property of DeliverySlip, we will not inspect a customer’s private content ourselves, but we may refer the matter to law enforcement.
Cookies & Similar Technologies
- Storing your Preferences and Settings. Settings that enable our products to operate correctly or that maintain your preferences over time may be stored on your device.
- Sign-in and Authentication. When you sign into a service using your DeliverySlip credentials, we store a unique ID number, and the time you signed in, in an encrypted cookie on your device. This cookie allows you to move from page to page within the site without having to sign in again on each page.
Other Important Privacy Information
Below you will find additional privacy information you may find important.
European Privacy Rights
DeliverySlip adheres to applicable data protection laws in the European Economic Area, which if applicable includes the following rights:
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time for future processing by asking DeliverySlip to disable your account.
- You have a right to request from us, a “data controller” as defined in the law, access to and rectification of your personal data;
- You have a right to object to the processing of your personal data; and
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority.
As applicable under French law, you can also send specific instructions to us regarding the use of your personal data after your death.
When we process personal data about you, we do so with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the products you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests of DeliverySlip as described in the “How We Use Personal Data” and “Reasons We Share Personal Data” sections above. When we transfer personal data from the European Economic Area, we do so based on a variety of legal mechanisms, as described in “Where We Store and Process Personal Data” below.
Security of Personal Data
DeliverySlip is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal data you provide on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities. When we transmit any data (such as messages, attachments, etc.) over the Internet, we protect it through the use of HTTPS encryption.
Where We Store and Process Personal Data
Personal data collected by DeliverySlip may be stored and processed in your region, in the United States or in any other country where DeliverySlip or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities. DeliverySlip maintains its services in the United States, Canada, and United Kingdom. Typically, the primary storage location is in the customer’s region or in the United States, often with a backup to a data center in another region. The storage location(s) are chosen in order to operate efficiently, to improve performance, and to create redundancies in order to protect the data in the event of an outage or other problem. We take steps to ensure that the data we collect under this privacy statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
Our Retention of Personal Data
DeliverySlip retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide the products and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different products, actual retention periods can vary significantly. The criteria used to determine the retention periods include:
- How long is the personal data needed to provide the products and operate our business? This includes such things as maintaining and improving the performance of those products, keeping our systems secure, and maintaining appropriate business and financial records. This is the general rule that establishes the baseline for most data retention periods.
- Do customers provide, create, or maintain the data with the expectation we will retain it until they affirmatively remove it? Examples include a document you store in in your inbox. In such cases, we maintain the data until you actively delete it or until retention policy settings are fulfilled.
- Has the Customer provided consent for a longer retention period? If so, we will retain data in accordance with that consent.
- Is DeliverySlip subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain the data? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or data that must be retained for the purposes of litigation.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this privacy statement when necessary to reflect customer feedback and changes in our products. When we post changes to this statement, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of the statement. If there are material changes to the statement or in how DeliverySlip will use your personal data, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to learn how DeliverySlip is protecting your information.
How to Contact Us
If you have any concerns, technical or support questions, please submit an email to DeliverySlip Support.
DeliverySlip Client Applications are a collection of applications used to send, receive, review and manage messages and content in the DeliverySlip ecosystem. These applications include:
- DeliverySlip Web Application,
- DeliverySlip App for Android,
- DeliverySlip App for iOS,
- DeliverySlip Add-In for Office 365,
- DeliverySlip Extension for Chrome,
- DeliverySlip Outlook Add-In,
- DeliverySlip Application for Mac,
- DeliverySlip App for Windows 10,
- among others.
The DeliverySlip Client Applications will use personal information in the form of user credentials, message content and attachments to fulfill expected behavior. Additionally, the Client Application will submit user information to the DeliverySlip service that reflects interaction with messages, attachments and e-signatures and other such auditable items.