- How To...
- Log in
- Invite New Users
- Create a Secure Message
- Reply or Forward
- Use the Delivery Slip
- Control Messages
- Provision E-Signatures
- Share Large Files
- Manage Notifications
- Manage Account
- Manage Email Aliases
- Migrate to a New Email Address
- Use the Apps, Add-ins, and Extensions
- Azure Active Directory SSO Integration
- Product Features
- Apps, Add-ins, and Extensions
- Trust Center
- PRO vs. GUEST Users
- Product Updates
- Contact Support (Wilson)
Download Adobe Reader
Copyright 2017 Secure Messaging Apps Inc.
All rights reserved.
NOTE: This page has been superseded by Managing Notifications. Please update your bookmark.
The Secure Messaging suite comes loaded with real-time tracking notifications available both on your desktop and your mobile device. You receive these alerts the moment the actions are taken by the various users.
|NOTE: For PRO users, all notifications are ‘ON’ by default. Use the Settings > Notifications section to configure alerts the way you like them. As a GUEST user, you only have one type of alerts available, when you receive a new secure message.|
There are three ways to receive notifications:
- Via Email sends a basic email (unsecure) with limited non-confidential information. Some notifications, such as “when you receive a new secure message,” cannot be turned off in order to receive the proper placeholder notification in Outlook.
- Via the Mobile app, receive “push notifications.” Note that you must have the app installed and you must have a valid user session (i.e., you must be logged in). Push notifications will cease once you are logged out of the app. If you are concerned about confidentiality issues with the content of these push notifications, talk to your administrator about turning off the context of the push notifications and have them be more generic without confidential information.
- Via the Desktop browser, receive notifications. Note that you must have the Secure Messaging Webapp running in your browser with a valid user session (i.e., you must be logged in).
- As a recipient, notify me when:
- I receive a new secure message notification occurs when you receive a new secure message or a forwarded secure message.
- A secure message is recalled notification occurs when a secure message you previously received is recalled, regardless if you retrieved it before or not. Note that message recall can occur weeks or months after you received the message; the alert you receive for recalled secure messages could refer back to very old secure messages.
- A new document requires my e-signature (requested signatory) notification occurs when you are included in the TO: field of a new secure message where documents are attached and you are a requested signatory. Please review the details of the secure message and the documents that are available for you to e-sign.
- As a sender, notify me when:
- My secure message is sent & delivered notification occurs when your secure message is delivered into the recipient’s secure inbox. Unlike SMTP-based email (encrypted or not), there is no time lapse with secure messaging, the secure messages are delivered and available to the recipients as soon as the sender presses Send Secure. Note that the SMTP message notification does depend on the SMTP protocol and might be delayed compared to the immediate availability of the secure message itself to all recipients’ secure Webapp inbox.
- My secure message is retrieved (decrypted) notification occurs when a recipient retrieves your secure message. The concept of retrieving is different from traditional SMTP methods; the secure message is available immediately to all recipients when you send it. The recipients, through the email notification, “retrieve” the secure message, or request a “decrypted” copy from the Secure Messaging server. This action of retrieving the secure message offers much more reliable tracking information compared to email systems that track the SMTP network traffic, or attempt to track a hidden image in the body of the message (or, worse, rely on “read receipts”). The Secure Messaging portal does not rely on any of these outdated and inaccurate tracking methods.
- My secure message is replied to notification occurs when a recipient replies to your secure message.
- My secure message is forwarded notification occurs when a recipient forwards your secure message. Consult the Delivery Slip timeline to see who the message was forwarded to.
- My secure message is printed notification occurs when a user is viewing your secure message in the Secure Messaging portal and selects the print action.
- My secure file is previewed (includes e-signature documents) notification occurs when recipients review any files that you sent them through the Webapp. This includes documents that you might have requested for e-signature.
- My secure file is previewed and printed notification occurs when a recipient prints your file from the preview function of the Webapp.
- My secure file is downloaded notification occurs when a recipient selects to download a file and save this file locally on their device.
- My document is e-signed notification occurs when a recipient you requested as a signatory signs your document. To view the results of the e-signed document, find the document with the original secure message in your sent items, or use the ‘E-signature’ list to find the correct document and consult the E-Signature Certificate appended to the last page of the document.
- Click Save settings for your changes to take effect immediately.
|NOTE: Most alerts will only notify you the first time an action occurs (e.g. when your secure message is printed) and not every single time the same secure message is printed. This additional subsequent real-time tracking information is logged for audit purposes, but do not generate extra notifications.|
|TROUBLESHOOTING: If you are not getting notifications on your mobile device, please make sure the mobile app is installed and running, and that you are logged in. If you are not getting alerts in your browser, please make sure you have the Webapp running and that you are logged in. For security reasons, notifications will not display if you do not have a valid secure session.|