- How To...
- Log in
- Invite New Users
- Create a Secure Message
- Reply or Forward
- Use the Delivery Slip
- Control Messages
- Provision E-Signatures
- Share Large Files
- Manage Notifications
- Manage Account
- Manage Email Aliases
- Migrate to a New Email Address
- Use the Apps, Add-ins, and Extensions
- Azure Active Directory SSO Integration
- Product Features
- Apps, Add-ins, and Extensions
- Trust Center
- PRO vs. GUEST Users
- Product Updates
- Contact Support (Wilson)
Download Adobe Reader
Copyright 2017 Secure Messaging Apps Inc.
All rights reserved.
- Reply/Forward Freeze
- For Your Eyes Only (FYEO)
- Recalling Messages
- Real-time and share tracking
When these options are enabled, recipients will not be able to either reply or forward your secure message. You can enable one or the other or both. In the interface, if the function is on (i.e., frozen), it will be grayed out. The Delivery Slip will also indicate that the message is restricted. (See the first image, below). If the recipient attempts to forward/reply anyway, they will be shown a pop-up explaining as much (also shown below).
- With Reply freeze enabled, recipients will be restricted from replying to all participants on the secure message. Recipients can still reply to you (the sender).
- With Forward freeze enabled, recipients will be restricted from forwarding the secure message and its associated files and e-signature documents. (NOTE: Recipients will still have the ability to take a picture of their screens to share data outside of the Secure Messaging portal.)
This option is an enhanced security feature used to further protect your secure messages. With the confidential feature enabled, each recipient will need to provide their Secure Messaging portal password before they will be able to read the message or access any attachments. Recipients will have to re-enter their password every time they access the secure message its associated files and e-signature documents.
For Your Eyes Only (FYEO)
This option is an enhanced security feature used to further protect your secure messages. With the FYEO feature enabled, each recipient will need to provide a separate code that you must provide to each recipient separately (via SMS, etc.). Recipients must enter this password each time they want to access and view the secure message. No one can view the message without entering the password (including you as the sender).
Creating the FYEO Code
To add an FYEO code to a secure message, once you’ve finished composing the message, simply enable (set to on) FYEO in the SECURITY POLICIES section of the Delivery Slip. Once you click SEND, a pop-up will appear (shown below) asking you to enter and confirm your FYEO code. As noted above, you will need to communicate this code separately (SMS, etc.) with any recipient on the message for them to be able to view the message contents.
As a Professional User, you have the ability to recall secure messages even if recipients have already read them. Recalling a secure message is as simple as selecting the message in your sent items, and clicking Recall from the toolbar (shown below).
You will be given the opportunity to enter a reason for the message recall. This will be displayed to all recipients that attempt to access the recalled message. If you do not enter a reason, default text will be displayed. Recalling a message prevents recipients from viewing the content, replying to it, or forwarding it. The message will be revoked the next time they try to access it. In addition, all file attachments will no longer be available to recipients (unless they have already downloaded the attachments to a separate destination).
Real-Time and Share Tracking
When enabled, real-time and share tracking options let you monitor messages in real-time and receive (and share) provable notification of delivery and open times.
- Real-time tracking: Know when your secure message, associated files, and e-signature documents are retrieved, replied to and/or forwarded. If you do not want to track this secure message and its contents, disable this option.
- Share tracking: If share tracking is enabled, real-time tracking information (described above) will be shared with all recipients. If you do not want to share the tracking information of this secure message and its contents, turn off this option.
Last updated August 8, 2016