- How To...
- Log in
- Invite New Users
- Create a Secure Message
- Reply or Forward
- Use the Delivery Slip
- Control Messages
- Provision E-Signatures
- Share Large Files
- Manage Notifications
- Manage Account
- Manage Email Aliases
- Migrate to a New Email Address
- Use the Apps, Add-ins, and Extensions
- Azure Active Directory SSO Integration
- Product Features
- Apps, Add-ins, and Extensions
- Trust Center
- PRO vs. GUEST Users
- Product Updates
- Contact Support (Wilson)
Download Adobe Reader
Copyright 2017 Secure Messaging Apps Inc.
All rights reserved.
Migrate to a New Email Address
If you or your organization are changing or updating email addresses (such as changing the domain of your organization, or if your last name has changed), the following steps below will take you through the procedure to update your Secure Messaging account. Though it looks like there are a large number of steps, this process is quick and easy. All the information you need is your old email address and your new email address. If you are using Microsoft Outlook, make sure that your new address is already configured and working correctly in Outlook.
- Upgrade to the latest version of the Secure Messaging Outlook add-in: In Outlook, go to the Secure Messaging tab and click Check for Updates. If there is an update, follow the instructions to install it. (If you are not using Outlook, disregard this step). See the Outlook Add-in overview page for full instructions on checking for updates
- Log in to Secure Messaging webapp with your current Secure Messaging account: You can either click this link, https://webapp.secure-messaging.com (opens in new tab), or if you are in Outlook, click Secure Webmail from the Secure Messaging tab on the toolbar.
- In the webapp, go to Account Settings > Email Aliases Management. (Note: only professional users can manage aliases.)
- Enter your new email address as provided by your organization, and click Add Email Alias. A pop-up will appear informing you that a confirmation message has been sent to your new alias/address to confirm ownership confirmation.
- Go to the basic email inbox of your new email address (i.e., your Outlook inbox), and open the confirmation message and click on the link.
- If your new address is already registered with your Secure Messaging platform, you will need to re-enter the password you selected for that account when it was set up. If your new Secure Messaging email address/alias is not registered already, click the link in the secure message. This will launch the webapp again.
- In the Secure Messaging webapp, return to the Alias Management page (per Step 3, above). If you still have the webapp open in another tab, your new email alias account may show the status as “pending.” If so simply refresh the page.
- Click Promote to Master for the new email address. It is now the master Secure Messaging account, so all notifications will be sent to it and all outgoing secure messages will come from this account. (Any older secure messages sent to your previous master account will still appear in the Inbox of your new address, ensuring that you won’t miss any important secure messages, no matter which email address they are sent to.
- Follow the steps on this page to remove your current Secure Messaging activation, and then re-activate: Remove activation and re-activate.
That’s it, you’re finished! You may now continue to send and receive secure messages just as before but now with your new email address.
Last updated September 9, 2016