- Quick Start Videos
- PRO vs. GUEST Users
- As a USER, how to...
- As an ADMIN, how to...
- Contact Support (Wilson)
Secure Messaging comes loaded with real-time tracking alert notifications available both on your desktop and your mobile device. You receive these alerts the moment users take the actions.
|TROUBLESHOOTING: If you are not getting notifications on your mobile device, please make sure the mobile app is installed and running (iOS – Android), and that you are logged in. If you are not getting alerts in your browser, please make sure you have the Webapp running and that you are logged in. For security reasons, notifications will not display if you do not have a valid secure session (i.e. are not logged in).|
|NOTE: For professional users, unless otherwise disabled by an administrator, all notifications are set to ON by default. For guest users, only a sub-set of notifications are available.|
How to Receive Notifications
- Via Email: This sends a regular (unsecure) email with limited non-confidential information. Some notifications, such as “when you receive a new secure message,” are essential to the proper functioning of the system and cannot be turned off (e.g. to receive the proper placeholder item in Microsoft Outlook).
- Via the Mobile app: You can opt to receive push notifications on your smartphone or tablet. Note that you must have the app installed, and you must have a valid user session (i.e. you must be logged in). For security reasons, push notifications will cease if you are logged out of the app. If you are concerned about confidentiality issues with the content of these push notifications, talk to your administrator about turning off the context of the push notifications. Your administrator can make them be more generic without confidential information. Most mobile devices also let you administer how and when you receive notifications, such as whether or not notifications appear on a locked screen, etc.
- Via the Desktop browser, Mac App or Windows 10 App: If you have the Webapp running in your browser with a valid user session (i.e. you must be logged in), you will receive desktop browser notifications automatically. The same applies for the Mac App or Windows 10 App.
How to Manage Notifications
To manage your notifications, login to the Webapp, click the ‘Settings’ icon in the top navigation (gear icon located on top of the message list), then click Notifications tile.
From there, you can set notifications to on or off for either Email, Mobile or Desktop, as shown below. Currently, email notifications cannot be disabled at the user level.
|NOTE: Most alerts will only notify you the first time an action occurs (e.g. when your secure message is printed) and not every single time the same secure message is printed. The additional subsequent real-time tracking information is logged for audit purposes and available in the Delivery Slip Timeline, but does not generate extra notifications.|
- As a recipient, notify me when:
- I receive a new secure message notification occurs when you receive a new secure message or a forwarded secure message.
- A secure message is recalled notification occurs when a secure message you previously received is recalled, regardless if you retrieved (read) it before or not. Note that message recall can occur weeks or months after you received the message; the alert you receive for recalled secure messages could refer to very old secure messages that you might have forgotten about.
- A new document requires my approval & signature notification occurs when you are included in the TO: field of a secure message where documents are attached and you are a requested signatory. Please review the details of the secure message and the documents that are available for you to approve and electronically sign.
- As a sender, notify me when:
- My secure message is sent & delivered notification occurs when your secure message is delivered into the recipient’s secure inbox. Unlike SMTP-based email (encrypted or not), there is no time lapse with Secure Messaging and the secure messages are delivered and available to the recipients as soon as you press Send Secure. Note that the basic email notification delivered to your Outlook inbox depends on the SMTP protocol and might be delayed while the secure message itself will be immediately available in the Webapp. This notification is particularly useful if you administrator has configured certain content detected by your Dalata Leak Prevention or GASB that requires sending the message secure without your direct intervention. This will alert you that a message you sent was delivery securely on your behalf.
- My secure message is retrieved (decrypted) notification occurs when a recipient retrieves your secure message. The concept of retrieving is different from traditional SMTP methods because the secure message is available in the Webapp immediately to all recipients when you send it. The recipients, through the email notification, “retrieve” the secure message, or request a “decrypted” copy. This action of retrieving the secure message offers much more reliable & compliant tracking information compared to email systems that track the SMTP network traffic, or attempt to track a hidden image in the body of the message (or, worse, rely on old school “read receipts” users never agree to send back). Secure Messaging does not rely on any of these outdated and inaccurate tracking methods.
- My secure message is replied to notification occurs when a recipient replies to your secure message.
- My secure message is forwarded notification occurs when a recipient forwards your secure message. Consult the Delivery Slip timeline to see who the message was forwarded to.
- My secure message is printed notification occurs when a user is viewing your secure message and selects the print action.
- My secure file is previewed (includes Documents for Approval) notification occurs when recipients review any documents that are previewable from a modern browser. This includes documents that you might have requested for approval.
- My secure file is previewed and printed (includes Documents for Approval) notification occurs when a recipient prints your file or document for approval from the preview function.
- My secure file is downloaded (includes Documents for Approval) notification occurs when a recipient selects to download a file or document.
- A Document for Approval is signed, completed or declined notification occurs when a recipient you requested as a signatory signs or declines to sign your document. Additionally, a final notification is sent when all required signatories have signed or approved the document. To view the status and results of the document for approval, you can easily find the document in your ‘Documents for Approval’ tab from the main navigation, or use the QR code to scan to quickly get to the document and associated Delivery Slip and E-Signature Certificate page appended to the end of the document.
- Click Save settings: use the save icon for your changes to take effect immediately.
Last updated September 20, 2017