- Quick Start Videos
- PRO vs. GUEST Users
- As a USER, how to...
- As an ADMIN, how to...
- Contact Support (Wilson)
In some cases, the DeliverySlip Outlook add-in doesn’t load at Outlook startup. You can tell if this has occurred if the “DeliverySlip” ribbon tab is not present in Outlook. There are several known possible issues. Follow the instructions below in order:
|NOTE: Outlook 2003 and 2007 versions are no longer supported by Microsoft. If you experience an issue using Outlook 2003 or 2007, please upgrade to a newer version of Outlook first.|
1. Check minimum system requirements:
- Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10.
- .NET Framework 4.0 Full.
- Office 2010 (32 bit and 64 bit).
- Office 2013 (32 bit and 64 bit).
- Office 2016 (32 bit and 64 bit).
- Office 365 (32 bit and 64 bit).
If your computer meets the above minimum system requirements, please proceed to Step 2.
2. Turn on User Access Control (UAC)
- In Windows 7, click on Start > Control Panel > System and Security. Select Change User Account Control Settings under Action Center.
- Make sure UAC is turned on and click OK.
- In Windows 8 & 10, right-click on Start > select Control Panel > System and Security. Select Change User Account Control Settings under Action Center.
- Make sure UAC is turned on and click OK.
- Close the window and restart Outlook. The Outlook add-in should load properly. If not, please proceed to Step 3.
3. Re-enable Disabled Add-in files for Outlook
- In Outlook, click File > Options.
- Select the Add-ins tab and select Manage: Disabled Items (drop down option at the bottom) and click Go.
- If DeliverySlip Add-in is disabled, simply highlight it and press Enable.
- Close the window and restart Outlook. The Outlook add-in should load properly. If not, please proceed to Step 4.
4. Enable “DeliverySlip Add-in” as a COM Add-In for Outlook
- In Outlook, click File > Options. Select the Add-ins tab and select Manage: COM Add-ins and click Go.
- Make sure the “DeliverySlipAdd-in” checkbox is selected and click OK.
- Close the window and restart Outlook. The add-in should load properly.
- If it does not, please repeat the above instructions for Step 4.
- If the “DeliverySlip Add-in” checkbox is set back to unchecked, please contact your administrator with the following text in the subject line: “DeliverySlip Add-in COM add-in won’t stay enabled – Request Advanced” and include a screenshot of the COM Add-ins dialog with the DeliverySlip Add-in selected.
|NOTE: If none of the above steps resolves your issue, please contact your administrator and provide a detailed explanation of your issue. Your support case will be escalated to a Tier 2 agent who will contact you personally by email to complete Step 5 below.|
5. Administrator Advanced Troubleshooting
- Click Start > Run and enter regedit
- Go to this folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\OutlookToolbar.AddinModule
- In the folder, check for a key called LoadBehavior
If you don’t have this key in the registry, it may be because the add-in was uninstalled in a previous step. Please re-install the add-in and then repeat the previous steps. Remember to close Outlook before installing and when the installation completes, please wait until you see the dialog “Secure MS Outlook Toolbar registered successfully.” If the same behavior exists, and you still do not see the registry folder (make sure to press F5 to refresh the registry editor), please proceed to step 5.1.
If you do see the LoadBehavior key, please ensure the value is 3. If it is 2 or another value, please close Outlook and set LoadBehavior value to 3.
After setting the LoadBehavior to 3, restart Outlook. If the add-in still does not load, move to 5.1.
- Find the installation log:
- For Outlook Add-in Version 7 and above, go to: C:\Users\(Your Username)\AppData\Local\DeliverySlip
- For Outlook Add-in Version 4 or Version 6, go to: C:\Users\(Your Username)\AppData\Local\SMOfficeAddin
- Send all of the log files in this folder to support and wait for a response before proceeding to step 5.2.
- If you do not see this file, proceed to step 5.2.
- Close Outlook
- Open the file addin-loader.log (above in 5.1) and copy the location path of the Startup directory (near the top).
- Open a Command window (Start / Run / cmd), type cd, then a space, then paste in the folder path you copied in the the previous step. To paste in the command window, click on the black icon at the top left corner and choose Paste. Click enter.
- Once the directory is changed, enter the command based on Outlook version:
- If you are using Outlook 2010 64-bit, 2013 64-bit or 2016 64-bit, type: regsvr32 adxloader64.dll
- If you are using Outlook 2010 32-bit, 2013 32-bit or 2016 32-bit, type: regsvr32 adxloader.dll
- You should see a confirmation message that the command was successful.
- Close the command window and start Outlook. It should work correctly now.
6. Ensure that your Add-in has not been disabled by Outlook:
7. Ensure Outlook is not running as Administrator:
For the standard installation of the add-in, the application is installed for the local, active Windows user only. If the user is running Outlook as an administrator, or as another user, the DeliverySlip Outlook add-in won’t be able to load. It is recommended to run Outlook as the same Windows user that installed the add-in.
8. Uninstall and reinstall the Toolbar
If none of the above steps correct your problem, please uninstall and reinstall the add-in You can do this by following the uninstall process (opens in new window). You can reinstall by signing in to the Secure Messaging webapp, clicking Install Apps > Windows > Microsoft Office Add-in and follow the instructions on this page (opens in new window) to complete the installation.
If uninstalling and reinstalling does not correct the problem, please contact your administrator.