- Provisioning a new Customer
- Customer Order Form
- Trial VS Certified Secure
- Developer API Toolkit
- Office Add-in Enterprise
- Web Admin Console
- User Account
- General & Feature Settings
- Secure Message Disclaimers
- Security Policies
- Registration Filters
- DLP Content Filtering
- Local Email Client Store
- API Secure Delivery
- Admin User Access Levels
- Technology & Deployment
Download Adobe Reader
Copyright 2017 Secure Messaging Apps Inc.
All rights reserved.
General & Feature Settings
The General Settings page includes the ability to manage features, customize messages and manage legal disclaimers.
The feature settings section allows turning on or off feature across the entire Secure Messaging platform for the customer, regardless of the permissions applied to the User Groups. For example, even if Message Recall is enabled at the User Group, turning it off from this screen will make it so that no user, regardless of their User Group, has access to the Message Recall feature. These settings take precedence over the User Group settings set for the entire customer base under the same server. Please note that enabling certain features may incur additional fees.
- Reference ID (free form): use this free-form field to associate a customer account with a billing number or unique identifier. This Reference ID is available from the Management API to link your customers.
Webmail Banner Link: when users click on the custom banner in the Secure Webmail, they will be directed to the specified URL. Include the full URL e.g. starting with HTTP://. This is by default provisioned to the customer’s commercial website.
- Secure Email Encryption: enabled by default, this is the core functionality for the platform to encrypt secure messages.
Secure Email PLUS: enables the basic secure messaging component of the platform such as message classification, message tracking, etc. It includes all the features that are unique to the Secure Messaging platform.
For Your Eyes Only (F.Y.E.O.): this option turns on the For Your Eyes Only (F.Y.E.O.) feature for this customer. F.Y.E.O. is an added security feature used to lock a secure message with a password that the recipients must enter in order to view the content of the secure message. Without the correct password, no one is able to view the content of the secure message. Disabling F.Y.E.O. removes the feature from the Message Details when viewing and composing secure messages for all users on the same customer portal implementation. F.Y.E.O. can also be disabled at the user level, preventing certain User Groups from creating F.Y.E.O. messages, but not from receiving and viewing them. CAUTION: turning off F.Y.E.O. will prevent users from unlocking previously received secure messages marked F.Y.E.O. Do not turn off F.Y.E.O. if users will need to view previously received F.Y.E.O. secure messages.
- Secure e-Statements: this option enables the API functionality for this customer, allowing integration directly with third party applications to send out secure messages automatically. For more information, please see the section regarding Client Services API. If your organization does not use the API functionality, it is recommended to leave this option ‘off’. Enabling this feature may incur transactional fees.
Decrypted API Delivery: enable the API functionality for archiving secure message decrypted to any third party repository.
- Share Sent Items Read Rights: this option enables the sharing or read rights of all secure sent messages by the same domain as enabled under the Security Policies page. This feature must be enabled is secure messages are to be saved / stored in a third party repository such as EMR or ERP. It allows all users from the same domain to be able to read secure messages from colleagues.
Delete Records: enables an administrator to specify how long the records should be stored on the Secure Messaging platform. Enabling this feature allows setting up a retention period (e.g. 7 years) after which all secure messages and associated file attachments are deleted from the server. By default this feature is disabled and retains records indefinitely. Note that this feature does not remove or expire messages that were previously downloaded into Outlook or an archive. It simply deletes the records from the central messaging servers. If disabled, records are never deleted.
- Multi-lingual Support: enable this feature to turn on multi-lingual localization. Languages currently supported include English, French, Spanish, German, Dutch and Japanese. Functionality extended to Secure Webmail and Secure Webmail Lite. Browser detection presents the appropriate language based on local PC preferences, with the ability for user to specify preferred language at registration and through the ‘Tools > Preferences’ menu once logged in to the Secure Webmail. User preferences are remembered to offer seamless experience from any device.
Password Management: enable password rules under the Security Policies section of the Web Admin Console.
- Secure Messaging DLP: the Secure Messaging platform is the first to introduce DLP features without requiring the deployment of an expensive Gateway. This features enables keyword, regular expression and algorithm flagging (blacklisting, enforce secure), domain-based encryption, or enforce secure message if they contain a file attachment.
Message Recall: this option turns on Message Recall for the customer, and gives all users with correct permissions the ability to recall a secure message that they have sent. Message Recall is only available by default to Professional users. Disable this option if you do not want anyone to be able to recall a secure message.
DLP Blacklist: enable blacklisting of keywords as defined in the Security Policies section of the Web Admin Console.
DLP Enforce Secure: enable Enforce Secure based on keywords & domains as defined in the Security Policies section of the Web Admin Console.
- Secure Large Files: this option enables various programs such as the Secure MS Outlook Toolbar to use an asynchronous upload for file attachments. This translate into the user being able to attach a large file (tested up to 25GB per message) without having to wait for the files to upload before being able to send the secure message. With this feature off, a maximum of 20MB is imposed per message, and all files are uploaded synchronously (e.g. user has to wait for the file to upload in Outlook before being able to continue with their work).
- Secure e-Forms: this option enables the API functionality for Secure e-Forms (canned and custom forms). If your organization does not use the Secure e-Forms functionality, it is recommended to leave this option ‘off’.
Extra Encrypted Storage: this option enables billing for extra storage.