- Provisioning a new Customer
- Customer Order Form
- Trial VS Certified Secure
- Developer API Toolkit
- Office Add-in Enterprise
- Web Admin Console
- User Account
- General & Feature Settings
- Secure Message Disclaimers
- Security Policies
- Registration Filters
- DLP Content Filtering
- Local Email Client Store
- API Secure Delivery
- Admin User Access Levels
- Technology & Deployment
Download Adobe Reader
Copyright 2017 Secure Messaging Apps Inc.
All rights reserved.
Use the Security Policies section to set various security settings related to user sessions and registration rules. Once configured, the customer implementation can self-provision itself by automatically assigning User Groups to specific users based on their email domain.
- Default User Groups: This option sets the default User Group for new users when they are invited (receive a secure message for the first time). Individual users can be upgraded to other User Groups at the Dashboard once registered. These default settings apply if there are no specific rules applied below in the ‘Registration Filters’ section.
- Webmail Session Expiry: set the various secure session time for all users of the same portal:
- User Session Expiry Time (minutes): This option sets the amount of time of inactivity before a user’s session expires in the Secure Webmail. After the session expires, the user is redirected to the login screen where they must login again. Different privacy laws require different session expiry time. The default is set at 60 minutes.
- Forgot Password Expiry Time (minutes): This option sets the amount of time before the ‘Forgot Password’ session (token) expires. Users have the indicated amount of time in minutes to complete process before the ‘forgot password link’ (token) expires, and they must restart the process. The default is set at 120 minutes.
- Registration Code Expiry Time: This option sets the amount of time before the Registration Code expires for Full Registration. Users have the indicated amount of time in minutes to complete the ‘Registration’ process before registration code expires, and they must restart the process. The default is set at 360 minutes.
Allow Quick Registration: This option turns on the ‘Level 1 Security (Get the Invitation – Quick Registration)’, which streamlines the registration process but is less secure. New users who receive an invitation to register will be sent to the ‘Quick Registration’ page, where they enter their credentials. Once they click submit, their registration is complete and they will be logged in automatically. Disabling this option turns on the ‘Level 2 Security (Confirm Email Address – Registration)’ where new users registering must complete an additional confirmation step to confirm that they are the owner of the email address. After entering and submitting their credentials, a confirmation code will be sent to their basic email account. This email will include a link which, when clicked, will complete the registration.
The caption can be specified to ensure that the new user knows what to enter (for example ‘PIN Code’ or ‘Membership ID’). This will be displayed for both the inviter on send, and the new user at registration.
- Sender Help Link: This link is displayed for the sender when composing a secure message to a new user. This page should provide custom information to your user instructing them on how to use the feature, and what code they must enter. This page can be set up within your organization’s website to ensure the content can be easily updated.
- Recipient Help Link: This link is displayed for the recipient on the registration page, below the box where they must enter their ‘CRA’ code. This page should provide custom information to new users instructing them on how to use the feature, and what code they must enter. This page can be set up within your organization’s website to ensure the content can be easily updated.