- How To...
- Log in
- Invite New Users
- Create a Secure Message
- Reply or Forward
- Use the Delivery Slip
- Control Messages
- Provision E-Signatures
- Share Large Files
- Manage Notifications
- Manage Account
- Manage Email Aliases
- Migrate to a New Email Address
- Use the Apps, Add-ins, and Extensions
- Azure Active Directory SSO Integration
- Product Features
- Apps, Add-ins, and Extensions
- Trust Center
- PRO vs. GUEST Users
- Product Updates
- Contact Support (Wilson)
Download Adobe Reader
Copyright 2017 Secure Messaging Apps Inc.
All rights reserved.
Migrating to a new Email Address
If you or your organization are changing or updating email addresses (such as changing the domain of your organization, or if your last name has changed), the following steps below will take you through the procedure to update your Secure Messaging account. Though it looks like there are a large number of steps, this process is quick and easy. All the information you need is your old email address, and your new email address. If using Microsoft Outlook, make sure that your new address is configured and working correctly in Outlook.
- Upgrade to the latest version of the Secure MS Outlook Toolbar; go to the ‘Secure Messaging Tab > Check for Updates’ and install the latest update (optional, if you are not using Outlook, disregard this step).
- Log in to the Secure Webmail with your current Secure Account. Not sure how? Click the ‘Secure Webmail’ button on the Toolbar itself (MS Outlook 2003 & 2007) or under the ‘Secure Messaging’ ribbon tab (Outlook 2010 & 2013).
- Go to ‘Tools > Alias Management’ (Professional Users only).
- Click on ‘I understand and want to add an Email Alias’.
- Enter your new Email Address as provided by your organization, and click “Add Email Alias”. A pop-up will appear informing you that a confirmation message has been sent to your basic email Inbox for ownership confirmation.
- Go to your basic email Inbox (or your Outlook Inbox) for your new Email Address, and click on the link in the confirmation message.
- If your new address is already registered with the Secure Messaging Platform, you will need to re-enter the Password you selected for that Secure Account. If your new Email Address is not registered already, simply click the link on the page.
- Return to the Secure Webmail, and go to the “Alias Management” page (see step 3). If you are still on this page from a previous step and your new Email Alias account has the status “pending”, simply repeat step 3 to refresh the page.
- Click ‘Promote to Master’ for your new Email Address. It is now the master Secure Account, so all notifications will be sent to it and all outgoing secure messages will come from this account. Also, any secure messages sent to your old email address will appear in the Inbox or your new address, ensuring that you won’t miss any important secure messages, no matter which email address they are sent to.
- Follow the steps on this page to remove your current Secure Messaging activation, and then re-activate: Remove activation and re-activate
That’s it, you’re finished! You may now continue to send and receive secure messages just as before but now with your new email address.