- How To...
- Log in
- Invite New Users
- Create a Secure Message
- Reply or Forward
- Use the Delivery Slip
- Control Messages
- Provision E-Signatures
- Share Large Files
- Manage Notifications
- Manage Account
- Manage Email Aliases
- Migrate to a New Email Address
- Use the Apps, Add-ins, and Extensions
- Azure Active Directory SSO Integration
- Product Features
- Apps, Add-ins, and Extensions
- Trust Center
- PRO vs. GUEST Users
- Product Updates
- Contact Support (Wilson)
Download Adobe Reader
Copyright 2017 Secure Messaging Apps Inc.
All rights reserved.
Secure Large File Sharing
Use Secure Messaging to securely share, track, and control single or multiple file attachments of up to 5 GB directly from your email.
Whether you’re using Outlook, Office 365, or Gmail, Secure Messaging is a powerful, secure, cloud-based communications and information management solution that integrates directly into your email program.
One of its dynamic capabilities is the secure large file sharing feature that lets you send, receive, track, and control single or multiple file attachments of up to 5 GB directly from your email. And because the files are transferred outside of your organization’s email pipeline and the file is not downloaded until you request it, there’s no fear of overloading inboxes at either end of the exchange—either within your organization or to recipients externally.
The potential ROI for both regulated and non-regulated organizations is significant since you can eliminate the cost and risk of FTP and unsecured file-sharing solutions as well as couriers, enable greater security for your information, reduce the load on your email infrastructure, and increase productivity with a more efficient workflow.
Features and Benefits
- Seamless integration: Secure Messaging quickly and seamlessly integrates into existing email environments, such as Outlook, Office 365 or Gmail, as well as with DLP engines and archiving systems. Fully functional apps are available for iOS, Android, and other platforms are free and easy to install and use. Plus, because users are authenticated using existing email addresses, they don’t need to create (or have to remember) an additional profile.
- Secure and simple collaboration: Secure Messaging lets you easily and securely send and receive file attachments of up to 5 GB both within your organization and beyond as all messages and attachments are protected throughout the exchange.
- Real-time notifications: Secure Messaging’s Delivery Slip provides real-time notifications the moment a secure message and attachments are received and downloaded. Users can avoid needless follow-up and know with certainty that their content has been received.
- Advanced message control: Along with real-time notifications of activity, Secure Messaging gives you numerous options for controlling messages and attachments. You can easily control whether messages can be replied to or forwarded, set messages to expire at a later date, or completely recall them if necessary—even after they’ve been delivered. For especially sensitive information, use the Confidential and FYEO features to apply additional protection to individual messages. With Confidential, to unlock the message, the recipient must enter their authentication credentials. With FYEO, the recipient unlocks the message using a password that you provide them with (outside of email, such as over SMS).
- Secure e-signatures on large files: Secure Messaging’s e-signature feature lets you easily and securely request and provide legally binding e-signatures on documents and image files. This means you can easily provide or request authentication on a wide range of files (such as contracts, x-rays, mortgage agreements, etc.) up to 5 GB without the need for additional complex workflows to accomplish the task.
- Send multiple large files simultaneously: Secure Messaging’s asynchronous file transfer method lets it bypass the file size limitations set by many organizations (usually in place to conserve network bandwidth). Not only does Secure Messaging let you share large files directly from within your email without having to use FTP or an external, unsafe file sharing service, but you can send multiple files at the same time without having to create a series of multiple messages due to size restrictions. This is because Secure Messaging breaks down larger files into 4 MB chunks while in transit (and then stores them encrypted on the cloud server). This helps avoid network issues when transferring a large amount of data because the Secure Messaging HTTPS API makes it seem like a regular transaction to the network.
- Control storage limits: Because attachments are shared via the secure cloud, content can be forwarded without having to download a local copy. The same is true for receivers who have been cc’d for information only purposes. They can choose whether or not to download content, helping control storage limits on inboxes and hard drives and reducing the load on your network.
- Supports regulatory compliance and e-discovery: With Secure Messaging, all data is MD5-hashed for later comparison and validation of the original information (which always includes verifiable records of whether messages were received and when they were read). Hashed documents are stored indefinitely on the Secure Messaging portal (and can be stored decrypted into your existing third-party archive) regardless of the data retention policies set in place for your portal, ensuring auditability at any time. Secure Messaging enhances compliance with major privacy and security laws and regulations (including major legislation such as ESIGN, GLBA, and HIPAA in the U.S.; PIPEDA in Canada; and the Electronic Transactions Act in Australia).
Last updated August 10, 2016