- How To...
- Log in
- Invite New Users
- Create a Secure Message
- Reply or Forward
- Use the Delivery Slip
- Control Messages
- Provision E-Signatures
- Share Large Files
- Manage Notifications
- Manage Account
- Manage Email Aliases
- Migrate to a New Email Address
- Use the Apps, Add-ins, and Extensions
- Azure Active Directory SSO Integration
- Product Features
- Apps, Add-ins, and Extensions
- Trust Center
- PRO vs. GUEST Users
- Product Updates
- Contact Support (Wilson)
Download Adobe Reader
Copyright 2017 Secure Messaging Apps Inc.
All rights reserved.
What's New - Product Updates
Product Release Version 5.1
February 5, 2016
Code Cut-Off Date: February 22, 2016
General Availability: March 15, 2016
Patch 1 General Availability: TBD
New Features and General Enhancements: The new Secure Messaging Web App 5.0 is now available.
Secure Messaging web app offers a sleek and dynamic content-focused user experience. The Secure Messaging web app also powers a new Microsoft Office 365 web app, a new Google Chrome extension with inline compose and read integration for Gmail and the Outlook Web App (OWA), and a new native Mac app for devices running OS X Yosemite.
- The Secure Messaging e-signature feature is the first truly secure way to easily and quickly sign and exchange digitally approved documents without relying on complex deployments. And because it is built right into Secure Messaging, there’s no extra cost and nothing to implement. You can simply start using it. It’s that easy—and that secure.
- Requesting an electronic signature is as simple as attaching a file to a message from the E-Signature Documents panel of the Secure Messaging Delivery Slip. At the other end, required signatories simply type their name into a field and click to acknowledge their signature. Done. Plus, with real-time message tracking, you can be immediately notified every time someone signs the required document.
- Get more details on the secure e-signature feature here.
- Get the product feature sheet PDF here.
- Secure Messaging seamlessly integrates with your existing SSO deployment (whether SAML2.0 or OAuth2.0). Plus, using your own federation service for authentication adds additional reputation to verifying the authenticity of every user action without requiring the use of complex keys. (Available with the Enterprise Dedicated Cloud service.)
- For most regulated industries or any organization that needs to archive electronic communications, managing the storage and retrieval of communications is onerous and often costly given that it often requires third-party archival services. Plus, PKI-encrypted messages may become difficult or impossible to retrieve if the encryption key is lost. Secure Messaging hashes and stores all messages and documents indefinitely on the Secure Messaging portal regardless of the data retention policies set in place for your portal, ensuring auditability at any time.
Additional Security – Confidential and FYEO:
- The Delivery Slip now includes two options for password-protecting your secure message: Confidential and FYEO (“for your eyes only”). For confidential messages, the recipient is required to enter their Secure Messaging account password before viewing the secure message. For FYEO messages, the sender can specify a unique code, which the recipient must enter to retrieve the secure message.
Secure Messaging Web App (New Webmail / iOS / Android / BB10 / WP8 / O365 / Chrome Extension / OS X)
- NEW: Support for custom partner-level themes.
- NEW: Support for alias configuration.
- NEW: Preview of attachments before download.
- NEW: Support for printing of secure messages.
- NEW: Cookie-less session handling.
- UPDATED: Delivery Slip section titles updated to Overview, Security Policies, Secure Files, E-Signature Documents, and E-Discovery & Tracking.
- UPDATED: Full support for Challenge Response Authentication (CRA).
- UPDATED: Full support for Hide Email Addresses.
- FIXED: An issue where users were redirected to the login page when upgrading to the web app.
Secure Messaging Office Add-in
- NEW: Attachment upload status now available via Queue Monitor in the task tray.
- NEW: Option to use toolbar application to upload attachments.
- FIXED: Issues with Secure Queue Monitor database file locks.
- FIXED: An issue where users could not view sent items if the secure sender address did not match the notification sender address.
- FIXED: An issue with the application certification.
Secure Messaging Desktop Apps (Windows and Mac)
- NEW: The new Secure Email Mac app for OS X Yosemite is available here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/secure-email/id963379328?mt=12
Secure Messaging Cloud Server
- NEW: Ability to disable Legacy Webmail interface.
- NEW: Archiving support for Mailsphere.
- NEW: API Commands: GetMessageTree.
- NEW: API Commands: Retrieve IK parameter for the secure message.
- NEW: API Commands: SessionToken to Registration and ConfirmRegistration responses.
- NEW: API Commands: UserGroup added to GetContacts.
- UPDATED: Improved queueing for SMTP notification delivery.
- UPDATED: SMTP notification sending decoupled from creating a secure message.
Cloud Command Center (CCC / API)
- N/A to this release.
Secure Messaging Crypto Relay / Gateway
- NEW: WCF-based API deprecated.
- UPDATED: Improved message handling.
- FIXED: An issue with inbound relay and queuing of messages.
- FIXED: An issue with “Invalid Message-ID Format” in headers.
- FIXED: An issue with same domain notification duplication.
- Product Release Version 5.1 - February 5, 2016
- Product Release Version 5.0 - October 15, 2015
- Product Release Version 4.12 - July 1, 2015
- Product Release Version 4.11 Patch 2 - January 1, 2015
- Product Release Version 4.10 - July 1, 2014
- Product Release Version 4.6 - October 1, 2013
- Product Release Version 3.2 - June 30, 2012
- Product Release Version 3.1 - March 31, 2012