- How To...
- Log in
- Invite New Users
- Create a Secure Message
- Reply or Forward
- Use the Delivery Slip
- Control Messages
- Provision E-Signatures
- Share Large Files
- Manage Notifications
- Manage Account
- Manage Email Aliases
- Migrate to a New Email Address
- Use the Apps, Add-ins, and Extensions
- Azure Active Directory SSO Integration
- Product Features
- Apps, Add-ins, and Extensions
- Trust Center
- PRO vs. GUEST Users
- Product Updates
- Contact Support (Wilson)
Download Adobe Reader
Copyright 2017 Secure Messaging Apps Inc.
All rights reserved.
Creating a Secure Message
The general process for composing a new secure message is very similar to the process for creating a new message using any email system (e.g., MS Outlook®, Gmail® or Yahoo Mail®). To begin, simply press the Compose button. Professional users can compose new secure messages to anyone; Guest users are restricted to only reply to or compose to the Professional users they had received a secure message from previously.
Professional users can control the delivery and tracking options of new secure messages:
- ReplyFreeze: Enable this option if you do not want to receive any replies.
- ForwardFreeze: Enable this option if you do not want users to be able to forward the secure message.
- Enable Tracking: Disable this option if you do not want anyone (including yourself) to be able to view the tracking metadata.
- Share Tracking: Disable this option if you do not want your recipients to have access to the tracking metadata, while you will.
NOTE: There are ways to circumvent these controls by copying and pasting the content into a basic email or taking a picture of your monitor. They are not intended for use as information rights management, only to convey a preference to your recipients, which will prevent accidental misuse of information.
NOTE: Some features might not be available depending on the configuration of the Secure Messaging Platform and your User Group profile. Contact your administrator for more information.
Once you have written your secure message and addressed it to the proper recipients, you can change some of the Delivery Slip options at the right-hand side of the screen. In order to maintain the integrity of a secure message, all replies and forwards will be sent securely in the same Secure Messaging Platform. The ‘Delivery Slip’ pane allows you to set the initial conversation options. If you are replying to or forwarding a secure message, these options cannot be modified. The options available to you may vary depending on your User Group profile settings, and the settings of the Secure Messaging Platform.
For new secure messages, click ‘Compose’:
- The Message Details section allows you to set the delivery options for a new secure message, including Freeze, Tracking and Enhanced Security options. When you compose a new secure message, the status is marked as ‘Draft’. The secure message will automatically save the changes to your messages every 20 seconds. To save your draft immediately, use the Save Now button in the upper toolbar.
- Use the Enhanced Security Options section of the Message Details to enable the unique, patented Freeze options. The Freeze options allow you to disable the ability for recipients to reply to and/or forward your secure message using the Secure Messaging Platform. It does not, however, prevent recipients from copying and pasting the content of your secure message into a document or another unsecure basic email message. These settings cannot be changed once the conversation is engaged. Check ‘ReplyFreeze’ to prevent recipients from replying to it; check ‘ForwardFreeze’ to prevent recipients from forwarding the secure message while using the Secure Messaging Platform.
- Use the Enhanced Security Options section of the Message Details to enable the unique, patented feature For Your Eyes Only (F.Y.E.O.). F.Y.E.O. allows you to request that each recipient enter either their Secure Account Password or a Unique Password that you set; the password is required every time they wish to read, reread, reply to or forward your secure message (valid for the duration of the conversation). Use this feature to increase accountability and non-repudiation, or to protect certain secure messages if you delegate your mailbox with someone else in your organization.
- Use the Tracking Options to enable or disable tracking for your secure message, and select whether or not you want to share the results with all recipients or keep the results to yourself. Tracking allows the senders and recipients to see if any of the recipients retrieved, read, replied to, forwarded, printed, or deleted the secure message. These settings cannot be changed once the conversation is engaged.
- To include file attachments with your secure message, simply use the Message Attachment module.
- To select the file attachment you want to include, click the Choose File button: this will bring up the native computer file picker. Unless otherwise enforced by the organization, there are no file format restrictions. If any file formats are restricted, you will receive an error message when attempting to attach the file.
- To add more file attachments, click ‘Add another attachment’ as many times as you have more files to include.
- Using the Secure Webmail, the file attachment selection will not be saved in ‘Draft’ mode. This is because attachments are not uploaded until the secure message is sent, because you could compose your secure message on one computer, and because you could complete it and send it from another computer where the file attachments selected do not exist. To avoid this problem (or if inserting files larger than 10MB), consider using the Secure Desktop Agent. The Secure Desktop Agent allows you to select file attachments and immediately upload them asynchronously using your native computer’s controls. This way, the file attachment will start uploading right away, and you can finish your secure message from any computer.