- How To...
- Log in
- Invite New Users
- Create a Secure Message
- Reply or Forward
- Use the Delivery Slip
- Control Messages
- Provision E-Signatures
- Share Large Files
- Manage Notifications
- Manage Account
- Manage Email Aliases
- Migrate to a New Email Address
- Use the Apps, Add-ins, and Extensions
- Azure Active Directory SSO Integration
- Product Features
- Apps, Add-ins, and Extensions
- Trust Center
- PRO vs. GUEST Users
- Product Updates
- Contact Support (Wilson)
Download Adobe Reader
Copyright 2017 Secure Messaging Apps Inc.
All rights reserved.
Does the Toolbar store any sensitive data locally?
The Toolbar stores some access data locally on your computer. This encrypted cached data consists of information retrieved about secure messages. It is used by the Toolbar for two primary reasons:
- To support offline mode. Without cached information, secure messages would display incorrectly in offline mode.
- To make secure message loading more efficient. Even when the client is not working in offline mode, it is inefficient to retrieve static data every time a message is selected. The encrypted local cache takes a portion of the load off the server database.
The data that is stored in your local environment is non-sensitive, and encrypted regardless. The cache is reported as invalid if it has been tampered with in any way.