- Quick Start Videos
- PRO vs. GUEST Users
- As a USER, how to...
- As an ADMIN, how to...
- Contact Support (Wilson)
Install Outlook Add-in
In order to install the DeliverySlip Microsoft Outlook® add-in for Windows, you must already have registered with a secure messaging portal. Follow these simple steps to complete the installation.
|NOTE: In order to install the DeliverySlip Outlook® Add-in for Windows, you must follow the instructions from within the secure Webapp application. The add-in cannot be installed from this help page. If you do not see the ability to install the add-in from the Webapp, it was purposely disabled by your administrator in favor of a Group Policy deployment that is managed centrally. Contact your administrator for more information.
Secure Email Outlook® Add-in Installation
- Login to the Webapp (https://w.deliveryslip.com) of the secure messaging portal you want to activate with Outlook®. In the Webapp top navigation menu, click the icon to the right > ‘Apps’. You might have to use the drop down selection if you have too many icons to display them all within view.
- In the list of apps, if made available by your administrator, click on the ‘Microsoft Office Add-in’
- After selecting the tile, you will see a page of instructions with four easy steps. Follow these instructions, making sure Outlook® is closed (Step 1), and that you ‘Activate’ with the portal after installation (Step 4).
|NOTE: This installation process uses Microsoft’s ‘Click-Once®’ technology to ensure your safety and security during the installation process. Once the installation completes, you will get a confirmation message that the add-in was ‘registered’ on your computer correctly.|
|NOTE: If you do not have the MS .NET® Framework 4.0 installed on your computer, you will be prompted to install it. The installation is automatic and must be completed in order to use the add-in. The .NET Framework 4.0 is a Microsoft® designed component and does not put your computer at any risk.|
|NOTE: At this time, due to API restrictions from Apple, the DeliverySlip add-in is not available for the Mac version of Outlook.|
|TROUBLESHOOTING: Some secure messaging portals disable access to installing the Outlook® Add-in. If this is the case, these menu entries will not be available to you. Contact your administrator for more information as other means of installation may be provided through group policy or server deployment.|
Activation: Logging in
Once the installation of the DeliverySlip Outlook Add-in is completed, you need to activate with your portal. Follow these steps to complete the activation and begin using the add-in:
- If you haven’t done so already, complete Step 4 and click on the button ‘Activate Add-in’. This will send a secure message to your email address, which you can use to activate the add-in by selecting it in your Outlook inbox.
- Launch Outlook and select the activation message. Alternatively, selecting any secure message in Outlook that you previously received will also trigger the SAME activation process.
- Once you select the activation message or any secure messages, you will see an activation screen, prompting you to enter your password. Enter your password as selected when you registered with the secure messaging platform.
- If your administrator has configured Single-Sign-On (SSO) for your portal, you should see your regular SSO login screen. Otherwise, please enter your secure messaging portal credentials, the same credentials you use to login to the Webapp.
- That’s it, you are now ready to read and compose secure messages in Outlook.
|TROUBLESHOOTING: If you are experiencing any issues with the Outlook add-in installation, please contact your administrator as there are scenarios that could prevent the add-in from establishing a secure connection with your version of Outlook. If you are experiencing problems loading the add-in, please see the troubleshooting tip ‘Add-in Loading Issues’.|